Alastri creates mine planning software solutions for the global mining industry, with a focus on open pit metals mines. All major iron ore miners in Australia use our software, as well as large miners in a variety of commodities in Canada, Chile, PNG, Ghana, Tanzania, South Africa, and New Caledonia. Our software has spread rapidly through word-of-mouth, a result of the enthusiasm that customers have for our products.
We’re a bunch of engineers who don’t know how to write – which is why we need you! But here’s a bunch of bullet points about the role we need you for:
- Create and manage documentation for our desktop mining engineering software solutions.
- Position available immediately.
- Modern CBD offices with complimentary gym and shower facilities.
- Design, develop, and maintain technical software documentation for our products.
- Create training materials, possibly conduct training sessions.
- Write release notes and ensure our updates are effectively communicated to clients.
- Assist with first line support of clients (if they haven’t read your documentation).
- Write technical blogs for social media.
- Assist with drafting of white papers.
- Assist with documenting and writing test cases for software testers.
- Basically assist us wherever writing is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a technical writing / documentation role. Candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply.
- University degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar field.
- Fast learner and Tech savvy (able to understand software easily).
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Impeccable English and grammar.
- Must be proactive in documenting our solutions and be able to extract information from our engineers.
- Absolutely must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Exposure to specialized documentation software (Word / Google Docs does not count).
- A great attitude and a good team player.
- Must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen.
- Previous experience documenting in a mining or software environment.
- Proficient in the use of Photoshop and/or Illustrator for creation of technical drawings.
- Experience creating video tutorials.
Candidates that are selected for interview will be given a technical writing test. You will be required to write some technical documentation on a computer in a short timed session. Please only apply if you are willing and able to do this.
Eligibility: You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia to apply for this role, and you must be based in Perth.
We do not use recruiters, and never accept applications from recruiters.