Alastri creates mine planning software solutions for the global mining industry, with a focus on open pit metals mines. All major iron ore miners in Australia use our software, as well as large miners in a variety of commodities in Canada, Chile, PNG, Ghana, Tanzania, South Africa, and New Caledonia. Our software has spread exclusively through word-of-mouth, a result of the enthusiasm that customers have for our products.
Our focus is on 3D visualization of data and simple easy-to-use workflows, and we are constantly expanding our product offering with new solutions. We require an experienced software engineer to help with full life-cycle development and implementation of our current and future solutions.
The successful candidate with at least 5 years of experience will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with C# in a corporate environment
- Strong competency in algorithms and data structures
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications
- Understanding of version control systems (GIT)
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Detail oriented
- Well-presented with strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Exposure to one or more of the following: SQL Server, ASP.NET, Winforms, DevExpress, OpenGL, Tensorflow
- Experience coding games or related tools, including those developed in Unity, Unreal, or similar
You will be joining a small team of extremely talented developers. We don’t differentiate the frontend from the backend in terms of responsibility – you’ll be working on everything. The responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing code to power our cutting-edge software products
- Writing performant algorithms, always considering the Big O complexity of your code
- Providing input on the technical direction of the products
- Building UIs in Winforms using DevExpress
- Building and maintaining solutions with SQL Server / ASP.NET
- Working in a team in an Agile environment
- Ensuring products meet quality expectations with the assistance of dedicated software testers
- Assisting with the management of our internal systems, including the build server, and our code repositories
We create our solutions with the following tools:
- SQL Server / Entity Framework
To succeed in this role, it is imperative that you produce quality work autonomously, with little supervision.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and a demanding yet fun work environment. We have a generous profit-sharing performance bonus, which enables our valued employees to share in the success of the company.
Eligibility: You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia to apply for this role, and you must be based in Perth.
We do not use recruiters, and never accept applications from recruiters.