Alastri creates mine planning software solutions for the global mining industry, with a focus on open pit metals mines. All major iron ore miners in Australia use our software, as well as large miners in a variety of commodities in Canada, Chile, PNG, Ghana, Tanzania, South Africa, and New Caledonia. Our software has spread exclusively through word-of-mouth, a result of the enthusiasm that customers have for our products.
Our focus is on 3D visualization of data and simple easy-to-use workflows, and we are constantly expanding our product offering with new solutions. We require an experienced software engineer to help with full life-cycle development and implementation of our current and future solutions.
You will be joining a small team of extremely talented developers. Our drive to be the best in our industry is written into our DNA. We are up against excellent competition – but our solutions consistently come out on top.
See the video below for a tech demo of what you will be working on:
Note that relocation within Australia to Perth is available for this role.
The successful candidate with at least 5 years of experience will possess the following qualifications:
- Passion for PC or console gaming and an understanding of how visual effects are achieved
- Experience with building or maintaining 3D graphics engines
- A desire to apply that gaming technology to the mining industry
- Experience developing applications or games using OpenGL, DirectX, or Vulkan
- Experience with C++ or C# in a corporate environment
- Experience writing shaders
- Strong competency in algorithms, vector math, and data structures
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications
- Understanding of version control systems (git)
- Experience coding games or related tools, including those developed in Unity, Unreal, or similar
- Strong competency in computational geometry
- Experience creating 3D models in Blender, 3ds Max, or similar
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintaining and expanding our in-house 3D graphics engine built upon OpenGL
- Creating new visualisations of large data sets while maintaining a high FPS
- Writing performant computational geometry algorithms, always considering the Big O complexity of the code
- Providing input on the technical direction of the products, particularly with respect to 3D visualisation
- Ensuring products meet quality expectations with the assistance of dedicated software testers
To succeed in this role, it is imperative that you produce quality work autonomously, with little supervision.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and a demanding yet fun work environment. We have a generous profit-sharing performance bonus, which enables our valued employees to share in the success of the company.
Eligibility: You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia to apply for this role.
We do not accept unsolicited applications from recruiters.